I want to get a “Sock Monkey” sweater like this one and I found out Roots had it but it’s now no longer available. It figures. Just my luck! Who knows though, maybe I’ll find one at a cosignment shop somewhere or something? I also baked fresh home-made banana bread, and the 20 YR old came home from work covered in pig’s blood and Buddy was licking his pants! Ewwww! He says he skins hundreds of them a day and they come in by the truckloads. The other workers there talk like longshoremen, with the F-Word as every second or third word coming out of their mouth. He thinks his new job’s “cool” but it’s exhausting lifting frozen heavy cuts of meat and he’s on his feet all day. It also SNOWED overnight and when I got up at 6 am to let Buddy out everything was all white! WTF? It’s been so cold and windy it feels like winter again and just last week I was out suntanning! What happened to spring?
Buddy also burrowed into the arm of a bath robe for a nap and got stuck in the sleeve(he looked like a caterpillar or an inchworm!) so I had to rescue him, my hubby picked up a “Lagostina” cookware set with lids( a set of 6 or so) for us as we desperately needed new ones as the teflon on the old ones was peeling off and we kept getting black specks in our food and it normally costs 400$ but we got on sale for 99$,and the 8 YR old charged 99 cents onto my hubby’s credit card for “coins” for his online game on the Tablet without permission as well, not knowing it was real money so he’s making him pay it back but I hate to think if it had been more though, like hundreds or thousands of $$$$, and I started bleeding again,too, even though “Aunt Flow” finished last Sunday, which is weird and has never happened before in-between, so I wonder if it might mean menopause is coming? I also had my recurring dream again we moved back into my old Toronto house and I wonder if it’s symbolic of dying, going “Home”(Heaven) as even though I only lived there for 6 YRS of all the places I’ve lived it’s the one I’ve always felt the most “Home.”
– What having kids is *REALLY* like. It wasn’t what I had imagined, or thought, it would be.
2. What do you worry about now?
– The health of my kids, their safety and well-being, if they’ll get into good universities and marry good spouses, their futures, finances.
3. What have you learned about love?
– You can’t help how you feel, just what you do about it. You also can’t help who you love or who you don’t love. I also want my kids to marry for love and to not settle.
4.How has motherhood changed you?
– I never knew that this much fear, worry, stress, and anxiety existed or was even possible.
5.What makes you laugh?
– Different things. Sometimes the oddest, most off-beat things. Sometimes crude humour.Sometimes simple things, or just ironic things in life. Bizarre things.
6.How do you define family?
– There are 2 kinds of family: the one you don’t choose, that is to say, the one you are born into, and your other family of friends and loved ones that you DO chose, that you love like family.
7.Last time you cringed:
– Seeing the 17 YR old going out with black-marker “tally marks” drawn all over his face. It looked like Frankenstein’s stitches. I can’t believe he’d go out in public like that!
– My Easter chocolate.Either that, or suntanning.
9.Last time you cried:
– I honestly can’t even remember.
10.When do you feel most beautiful?
– With a suntan.
11. Worst beauty mistake?
– Either when I shaved my eyebrows off, got the perm where I looked like an electrocuted poodle, or when I tried to go blonder and it ended up carrot orange.
-Washing and moisturizing twice a day since I was 13 and cleaning my face with Noxzema.
13.Last time you danced?
– Yesterday when a Bob Marley song came on.
14.Last time you were embarrassed:
– All the time. I live in a house of lunatics that constantly embarrass me all the time!
15.Last movie you watched:
– “Jersey Boys.”
16.Your last moment of bliss:
– Soaking my itchy stitches after surgery in a nice hot bath!
17.What makes you really happy?
– When my dog snuggles up next to me and licks my face and lets me know he loves me.
18. How do you feel without make-up?
– I look like a troll but I feel more natural.
19. How do you feel with make-up?
– I look like a drag-queen but it helps cover the uglies.
20.Last thing you ate:
I saw the surgeon for my first Post-Op check-up( I have 2 more, another in 2 more weeks and then one 6 weeks Post-Op once the swelling is down and the tissues have settled) I had most of the stitches removed(and get the rest done at my next app’t). He removed the ones all around my nipples, and underneath my boobs and along the side, just leaving the ones that go down the middle. At first the resident tried her hand at it and said it “might ‘pinch'”…but it did alot more than “pinch” it frickin’ HURT!(don’t forget though it’s just been a week too and the incisions are still tender!) she used a huge pair of tweezers and scissors to snip them off, one by one. Since she was snipping(what I thought felt like anyway) was too close to the skin and prolonging my suffering the doctor took over and he was more skilled, quicker, and more efficient as he’s had alot more practice. It still did hurt but it was over faster. When I asked him why he used stitches that had to be removed as opposed to ones that just dissolve on their own( I also have dissolvable ones on the inside layers underneath) he said they leave smaller scars.
He didn’t think I have an infection though since I don’t have a fever and there was no discharge/pus and thinks it’s just red and sore from being irritated from rubbing against my bra and the gauze padding I have in there but told me to keep an eye on it though and if it gets redder, hurts more,and esp. if I DO develop a fever or discharge to call him right away. Both he and the nurse also commented I was “really suntanned” and asked where I’ve been and then the nurse washed me all off once he was done with a disinfectant and put “Steri-Strips” on and re-packaged the gauze. I felt like I was being Duct-taped back together again and once I got home I joked to the kids they took too many stitches off too soon and my boobs fell off and they had to Duct-tape them back on again!
On the way home we stopped off and ate at Swiss Chalet and I tried their new Chicken Parmesan which was good and at Wal-Mart so I could buy a new bra in my new smaller size. I got a 3-pack of stretchy cotton aerobic bras( 1 white, 1 black, and 1 grey) in size 34 but I couldn’t try them on as they don’t let you try on bras and also because they were all attached together but when I got home and put one on it was still too small(but I’m just going to have to stuff my boobs in there anyway, no use in wasting 15$) so they’re really NOT that small afterall since they’re obviously at least a size 36, and I was hoping for a size 32! They even look “cone-shaped” now too, and are pointed like triangles. I got Buddy a textured rubber bone while I was out,too,and he really seems to like it!
The 20 YR old started his first day at his new job as well. It’s at a cold storage place that processes raw and frozen meat. His task for the day was to “skin” a pig carcass and he said he was wearing a suit and mask like a hazmat suit and he also had to cut off and dispose of the “yucky” parts of the pig that no one would eat such as the snout, the lips, the anus, etc. and he said the entire front of his outfit was drenched red with blood and the floor had puddles of blood all over.Ugh! Just the thought of it makes my stomach turn and the smell would just make me sick. I also hope he doesn’t catch a disease like E-Coli or Listeria or something from handling raw meat!