- enable police to access information on an Internet subscriber, such as name, street address and email address, without having to get a search warrant.
- force Internet service providers to freeze data on their hard drives to prevent subscribers under investigation from deleting potentially important evidence.
- require Telecom companies to invest in technology that allows for the interception of Internet communications.
- allow police to remotely activate tracking devices already embedded in cellphones and certain cars, to help with investigations.
- allow police to obtain data about where Internet communications are coming from and going to.
- make it a crime to arrange with a second person over the Internet the sexual exploitation of a child.
The above are what the gov’t now wants to legislate so police can eavesdrop on people over the Internet.They want to be able to access all their ‘Net activities, stalk, monitor, track, and intercept all their communication! Our rights and freedoms are quickly being eroded away and steamrolled over, bit by bit. How chilling is this?