I wanted to tell you about a miracle we had 13 years ago.(Actually, we have had many miracles and heavenly intercessions, but here is but one occasion) our house burnt down in a fire, and in my bedroom where it started there was nothing left; everything was just a heap of black, burnt, charred, acrid,smoky, unidentifiable rubble….except for one thing, that is….a workman cleaning up the mess ran over to me and gasped,”You’ll NEVER guess what I FOUND!!”…it was one of our kids’ Baptism candles!(for some reason this one had been misplaced in my room; all the others were safe in another location of the house ; only half the house was destroyed, although it all had extensive smoke damage) The box it was in had burnt away,but there was this white candle, unstained,untouched,and intact; not singed,melted, burnt, or harmed in any way, sitting atop the rubble. A CANDLE! Made of WAX! Meant to burn! It had been blessed, and it was a testimony of my faith, and of the powerfulness of Sacramentals and blessed items! Of all things to survive a FIRE! A CANDLE! I still get goosebumps to this day when I think of it!!God is good and all-powerful and loving!
I found out my cousin had Swine Flu!(he’s almost 50 years old and he’s a stockbroker). He was in the hospital for 5 days with both lungs filled with fluid and he was REALLY sick, but better now.That’s so scary and it really worries me about my kids, esp. when winter comes! It has been very hot lately as well and we’re in the pool,even Wilson, who makes these cute little noises as he paddles along,”Uh,uh,uh!”. The younger kids also had Bible camp and they had the pageant last night which was good,and today in town there’s a kids Bible festival/carnival/concert. My hubby’s MRI on his knee shows he has a torn meniscus and he needs surgery and is waiting for the referral to the surgeon so we could be looking at months.I had a big fight with my overbearing and controlling mother which left me bereft and emotionally drained,and one of our toilets is leaking; oozing stinky pee(it smells like a horse barn!) but have no $$$ for a plumber,and the kids made up their own secret written code and own secret language.I am also hoping to get tickets for the upcoming Styx, and Downchild Blues Band concerts! I guess that’s about it for now!
And…here we go!
1. Buzzing wires and crickets chirping _____ is my favorite summertime _ sounds____.
2. My favorite John Hughes movies is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off….my fave. movie of ALL time, actually!_____.
3. _Soft velvety rose petals ____ is something I love to touch.
4. The full moon brings out all the crazies_____.
5. I have another crippling headache _____ right now.
6. When daylight fades the mosquitoes start to bite!_____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to swimming in the pool _____, tomorrow my plans include swim and tan again _____ and Sunday, I want to go to Mass _____!