In the news: I am disappointed and dismayed to hear Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize! Whaaat? What war has HE ended, or negotiated to prevent? Last time I checked US troops were still in Iraq and Afghanistan and threatening war with Iran and hassling Pakistan and Somalia. This is a joke!! He merely got it simply for being popular; the Cult of Personality; it’s like emperor worship!!Keep in mind at one time Hitler was “Time’s” Man of The Year,too! Popularity means nothing. The Nobel Prize has now lost it’s honour, meaning, and esteem, ever since that Tree-Hugger Al Gore won it!
Today our 10 year old had to return and get her arm x-rayed to see if it showed a fracture afterall(calcium deposits during healing) or if it was just merely sprained….and good news: it’s just a sprain, so she got her mini half-cast removed(and it smells so rank,too; like stinky feet; you know, the gamey smell you get when you wear sneakers without socks!) and is now free to swim, snorkel,etc.. in the Caribbean! Yay! The doctor was condescending though; he asked me what happened and I tend to ramble on when I get anxious or nervous and he gave me a piercing look and snarled,”Are you DONE yet?” I felt really small and humiliated; one reason I don’t like going to doctors unless we really have to; a lot of them do tend to talk down to and belittle and make you feel like a scolded child!
And…here we go!
1. I have a history of being my own worst critic_____.
2. What I have done to “deserve” so much hardship in life ___________ is something I wish I knew.
3. I’m eating (or recently ate) Penne with pesto. ___________.
4. _I once saw a flat road-kill skunk smeared all __________ on the road.
5. So that’s it, that’s what God says and I’m sticking with it!! ___________.
6. Settling for second-best is ___________ better than nothing!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to finishing off last-minute packing _____, tomorrow my plans include Mass followed by overnight airport hotel _____ and Sunday, I am off to the Caribbean!!_____!