Shame on Squires and Cubs! Both groups ae having Hallowe’en parties and they should know better, eps. the Columbian Squires, being a Catholic youth organization! How can they justify glorifying the occult or having ANYTHING to do with anything connected to the occult in any way? How can they, in good Christian conscience, allow this? I am disappointed, disillusioned,and appalled at it! Of course our kids won’t be going; as they like to say, “Hallowe’en is Satan’s birthday; Christmas is God’s!” We are commanded to avoid anything that has anything to do with the occult in ANY way, incl. Hallowe’en, astrology, horoscopes, psychics, fortune telling, tarot cards, New Age,Quija boards, seances,pakm-reading, yoga, and the like. Satan is subtle and deceptive and easily tricks and lures people into the occult without their even realizing it, downplayed and disguised as “harmless fun”, “entertainment” etc.. It is up to us as vigilant Christians to detect evil,and to run in the other direction! Even the smallest involvement in things “dark” opens the door to the demons. You cannot serve both God and Satan; you have to make a choice and we choose God!It’s a shame the Squires and Cubs don’t see it.For more info why we don’t celebrate it, go to:
And…here we go!
1. The crickets sing, reminding me of the sounds of summer_____?
2. God is always with you ___________ wherever you are.
3. I want to get far away from the immorality of the world___________.
4. _James Dean was kissing me __________; this was a dream.
5. But as for me I cease to exist___________.
6. A really boring country is where ___________ I come from
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing_____, tomorrow my plans include a movie_____ and Sunday, I want to go to Church_____!