I have always said what I think, have had strong opinions, been controversial,never gone along with the crowd, never been afraid to speak my mind or be different, and do and say what I want, Political Correctness be damned, and if it offends people and they don’t like it, that’s their problem. I don’t know if it has to do with my Asperger’s (I don’t censor myself) my big mouth, my being opinionated, my strong beliefs, or just not caring what other people think, or a combination, but for what it’s worth, here are my thoughts on:
– It’s murder, plain and simple. No matter what you call it, rename it or try to play it down, it’s the killing of innocent pre-born babies, plain and simple.
– The Bible is VERY clear on that. It’s a sin and God calls it an “abomination”. It goes against the natural law and the natural order.Two people of the same sex cannot procreate.
3. Birth control:
– It is wrong and the ultimate act of selfishness as it removes the procreative ability out of the sex act which God designed it for. It’s really quite simple: if you don’t want to get pregnant, then don’t have sex!
4. Same-sex “marriage”.
– I don’t agree with it because God ordained marriage to be a sacred sacrament between one man and one woman. I think for legal purposes same-sex couples should be granted civil unions instead so they have the same legal rights and benefits under the law( such as insurance, inheritence and property rights, etc.) but it’s NOT a “marriage” in the eyes of God.
5. Other religions:
– I think there is some truth in most religions and that there are many different paths to God. I don’t believe that there is just ONE “right” religion to the exclusion of all others.
– Abhorrent and despicable. It doesn’t matter what colour your skin is, what religion you are, what nationality you are, where you’re from,what language you speak, etc. God made ALL people equal.
– Inhuman and evil. People should NOT be “owned” by other people. People are not chattel, or property, to be bought and sold.
– Generally I am wary of it and see it merely as buying and selling children and many kids are snatched from good families under the false accusations of “abuse.” I only think it’s ok if they are true orphans; that is, both parents really are dead and they don’t have any other family, but too often they are taken from good homes and sold to rich people, generally who are just too lazy to have their own kids.
– There are times where it is needed, such as when people are down on their luck, in hard times, have lost their job, etc. but should only be used as a temporary measure. The problem is when it becomes a way of life for generations and people become lazy and live free off the State.
10. Legalization of marijuana:
– Not a good idea as it is often a stepping-stone to “harder” drugs. It may not be as harmful as other drugs( such as cocaine, heroin, etc.) but that doesn’t mean that it’s harmless.
11. US imminent invasion of Syria:
– Syria doesn’t need more war, violence, and killing, and the people it will harm the most are the Syrians who have already suffered enough. I agree something needs to be done but not military action, which will only enrage the Assad regime even more. His gov’t needs to be ousted but not thru an invasion.
– I don’t agree with farming your kids off to strangers or the State to raise. Why even HAVE kids if you can’t even be bothered to look after them?
13. Public school:
– Nothing more than gov’t training centres where kids are brainwashed and indoctrinated with political and other propaganda the State wants them to mindlessly follow without question, not to mention the increasing problems with violence, guns, gangs, drugs, sex, peer pressure,bullying, bad influences, etc.
14. The death penalty:
– Murder is murder and murder is a sin. Besides, I think criminals suffer MORE if they rot in jail for YRS. If they die now it’s over.
15. Legalizing euthanasia:
– Euthanasia is murder. No matter how you look at it, murder is always a sin. You can’t decide when someone should die. That’s up to God.
16. Gun control:
– Gun violence is out of hand(esp. in USA) and needs to be stopped. People’s rights to live in safety is more important than gun rights. There’s no reason for ordinary citizens to go around carrying guns and acting like vigilantes and militia. This isn’t the Wild West. There needs to be stricter gun laws and whatever it takes to get the guns off the streets.
– It is depraved and a plague on society.
– It’s become like some sort of radical cult. It drives me nuts!
– They don’t want equal rights( which they already have under the law) but they want SPECIAL rights. All this “girl power” crap is a bunch of baloney.
– One of society’s biggest ills. It causes even more damage than smoking yet is overlooked.
– We have 6 girls and 5 boys.
– Our oldest turns 24 later this YR and our youngest is 6.
– In December is our 25th anniversary.
– My hubby and I met at the YMCA.
– We have homeschooled the kids exclusively.
– We live in the country but not on a farm.
– Our house has 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
– We don’t have any pets.
– We currently have 7 kids still living at home.
– Our oldest 2 kids both graduated university this YR.
– Our second-oldest lives and works in Japan.
– Only 2 of the kids have never had trips to the ER for accidents,mishaps, or medical issues.(Others have been more than once!)
– All of the kids except for the youngest have travelled overseas .
– I was 22 when I had my first baby and 40 when I had my last.
– My oldest and youngest are both boys.
– We do at least 2 loads of laundry a day.
– The kids do activities incl. Cadets, gymnastics, piano lessons, sewing class, ju-jitsu, and church youth group.
– All of the kids have blue eyes.
– My first labour was 24 HRS long.
– I had Obstetric Cholestasis with my last child.
– Our now 15 YR old had leukemia when he was 7.
– We had a house fire 17 YRS ago.
– We have an inground pool in the backyard.
– All of the kids have chores as part of their allowance.
– At the end of June we have an After School Party every YR.
– We are pro-life.
– All of the kids are single births; no twins.
– All of the kids are home-grown and home-made; none are adopted.
– I came close to needing a blood transfusion after having my 3rd child.
– I have hemmoraging and other complications with all my labours, which are always long and arduous.
– The older kids are all taller than I am.(I’m 5’6)
– None of the kids are married and none have even had boyfriends or girlfriends yet; they are concentrating on their education and careers first.
– My hubby was the only boyfriend I ever had.
– We shop for food European market style; picking up items every day (as opposed to a big shopping once a week or so)
– We wash dishes by hand even though we do have a dishwasher(as it always blows a fuse, and the electricity costs too much to run it.)
– I always wanted to have home births but due to my complications and high risk was never able to.
– I breastfed my kids.
2 dry cups pasta (shells or elbow macaroni are really good for this recipe)
1 15-16 oz jar of a GOOD Alfredo sauce
1-2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chunked
1/2 cup chicken broth
5 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (one 8 oz bag)
1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350*.
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
In medium bowl, combine pasta, Alfredo sauce, cooked chicken, chicken broth, shredded Parmesan cheese and mix well.
Grease 9×13 baking dish.
Pour chicken mixture into baking dish.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
It is a travesty and a crime against humanity what is happening in Syria and the world for the most part has turned a blind eye. Civil war ,violence and bloodshed as the regime under Assad (seen here) continues to systematically slaughter his own people with some 2 million refugees( mainly in Jordan and Lebanon) half of those children, and now there is overwhelming evidence that the gov’t has recently launched a chemical weapons attack on civilians as well even though they have denied it( although who would admit it, right?) Chemical weapons on innocent people is as low as you can go and is a crime against humanity. USA says they have definite proof such as physical evidence( blood and skin samples from victims) and communications from gov’t commanders just prior to the attack. UN inspectors are currently in the affected area also collecting evidence but everyone knows from the widely seen videos that it did indeed occur.
USA and the UK are set to launch a military strike on Syria to send a strong message to the Assad regime that this will not be tolerated(as it shouldn’t be) with their allies in agreement , incl. the Arab League and most other UN member countries, with only Syria’s allies Russia, China and Iran against it. USA, of course, is leading the way(as they always do) always so eager for war and always the first to invade(although in this case it is justified) but I don’t think that military aggression and war is the answer though; not just because I don’t believe in war, but I think it will only aggravate the situation more and provoke Assad into more chemical weapons attacks in retaliation. Plus, even more innocent civilians( the very ones that they are trying to help) will end up killed in the process. I agree something needs to be done, however, such as perhaps some sort of sanctions, UN resolutions, toppling the regime in some way and exiling Assad; installing a new gov’t and having him charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity. Assassinating him isn’t the answer(otherwise you’re no better than he is) but I agree that he does need to be deposed and a new gov’t installed, plus the humanitarian and relief aid needs to desperately need to be increased, but once the current regime(which is the aggressor and the problem) is gone only then will things change and will peace and democracy have a chance.
It’s heartbreaking to see on the news Syrians begging for aid, crying out for help, pleading, that they’re dying and no one cares; that the world just leaves them to die and no one does anything. Syria is burning as the world watches and now it looks like after 2 long YRS something might finally be done, but is it too late and is it the right answer? We can’t just sit back helplessly and watch as they die. We must look beyond our own borders, our own country , our own lives, and our own interests and help our neighbours. War is never the answer and violence only begets even more violence. Syria doesn’t need more war. It doesn’t need more violence. It needs the current brutal dictatorship to be overthrown and a new gov’t installed and it needs the global community to get together and stand up to Assad once and for all(it shouldn’t all be up to USA) and to stop the bloodshed and the massacre but thru other measures other than invasions and war. Try diplomacy, UN resolutions, sanctions, backing up the rebel forces to defeat Assad,etc. but not by military invasion and bombing which will only antagonize him even more, increase his wrath and retaliation and bring on even more of an “Us VS Them” mentality.