- My mother got new glasses(now she’s healed from her cataract surgery) and the 12 YR old got a new iPod, the 6th Gen. She’s been saving up all her $$$$ to buy it ever since the summer.
- I had a dream that when I get my echocardiogram that the technician calls in the cardiologist and then I’m told I have to get to the hospital quickly as the entire right side of my heart is blocked!
- I have been having alot of dreams lately about my grandmother( who is dead) and of my seeing her and talking to her so I wonder if it means that I’M going to die soon,too?
- I tried talking to the 17 YR old to try to understand why he tried to kill himself but he didn’t want to talk even though I’ve been there myself so I can relate and I was hoping I could help and perhaps even change something if needed, to prevent a repeat.
- My mother sneered that I “don’t care about” the 8 YR old even though I DO in my own way, it’s just with my Asperger’s it’s difficult for me and I don’t coddle and over-indulge him like SHE does but it doesn’t mean that I don’t care about him.
- I ran out of medicinal “herb” for my migraines and I haven’t been able to get a hold of my “herbalist” so I hope that he didn’t get arrested or something…
- My mother snickered, “It’s always so hard for you to help!” yet she fails to realize with my depression that ANYTHING always requires such tremendous effort on my part; I just feel so apathetic, sluggish, and don’t care about anything anymore, plus with my shortness of breath and extreme fatigue I’m just not up for it and I can’t exert myself but does she care?
- My hubby said he doubled my life insurance so I had better die before I turn 50 (I turn 49 in January) like I’ve always had a feeling my whole life that I will, otherwise he said he’ll be really disappointed, but no one will be more disappointed than ME!
- I wish I could hibernate thru the winter…..in the Caribbean!
- I heard a line in a movie and it really struck me( as it bothers me how my kids hate me) “It’s not your kids’ job to love you; it’s your job to love them.”
- I replace the title of that Christmas song “I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm” with “I’ve Got My Buddy To Keep Me Warm” because he snuggles up with me in bed at night and his fur keeps me warm.
- Hilariously funny: my hubby downloaded this movie that my mother wanted to watch…..but it ended up being in another language only they never knew until she started watching it! Ha,ha!
- It’s disappointing to see people rejecting and being unwelcoming to Syrian refugees over paranoid fears that terrorists will pose as them to enter the country. Terrorists can just as easily enter the country as tourists too if they want. If they’re that determined to enter the country they’ll find a way. The refugees are the innocent VICTIMS of terrorism and war and Jesus tells us to LOVE thy neighbour!
- I completely avoided the orgy of consumerism known as “Black Friday” so I ended up saving even MORE $$$$$$ and I didn’t get trampled,either!
My 14 YR old( who just LOVES fashion and clothes!) will love this blog post! It’s pretty gowns that I like, and that I’ve “pinned” on Pinterest. I would love to have them but of course would have no place to actually wear them. Enjoy!
I *THINK* I’ve figured out what’s wrong with me and causing all my symptoms: I think my adrenal gland/s is/are producing too much of the hormone aldosterone. It would explain my high BP, low potassium, and fluid retention and edema. It could either be primary or secondary, but I’m pretty sure that’s the cause.
The most common cause of a high amount of aldosterone is a tumour on the adrenal gland/s. This is a rare thing,however, and may be present on one or both of the adrenal glands and may or may not be cancerous. Only one out of a million people have the cancerous type….yet *I* usually tend to BE that rare and unlucky one out of a million so nothing would surprise me. The tumour causing it would be the primary type and blood tests would show high levels of aldosterone but low levels of the enzyme renin if a tumour was present. A CT or MRI scan would then confirm it.
If it were due to a secondary cause, such as heart ,kidney, or liver diseases, then both the aldosterone AND renin levels would show high measured in the blood. Aldosterone’s function is to regulate blood pressure, blood volume, salt in the body and to maintain the overall pH balance. When adenomas( tumours) are present affecting it they are usually found on the cortex of the adrenal gland and generally they remove the entire adrenal gland(and biopsy it to check for cancer cells) as well as the tumour to treat it and generally then the potassium and salt/fluid level is restored to normal and the BP goes back down to normal, and in my case that would also mean I could go OFF 3 out of my 7 medications!
I think in my case I might have BOTH, though, the adrenal tumour AND a heart problem, not one OR the other but likely BOTH together, as not only do I have the symptoms of high aldosterone but also a dull achy pain in my right side which may indicate pressure of a tumour but ALSO shortness of breath and blue lips indicative of a heart problem. We’ll find out soon enough though, after the tests and see what they reveal….
Caitlyn Jenner( formerly Bruce)……
…. and Cindy Crawford.