I am now 49 YRS old, the last YR in my 40’s, 1 YR until I’m 50, what some people would call middle-age but what my kids would call old. I do feel old,too, and here are ways I can tell I’m getting old,too, due to my:
– Grey hair. Before I used to dye my hair just to change the colour, but now it’s to cover the grey so I don’t feel so old.
– I can actually hear my knees cracking when I go up and down the stairs.
– My health declined and my body started to fall apart once I turned 45.
– High blood pressure.
– Weight gain: I’ve gained 70 pounds since I was thin in my 20’s, before I had kids.
– I take all kinds of pills.
– Crows feet around my eyes.
– “Bingo wings”, also known as “Flying squirrel wings”.
– I have to see the doctor every 4 months, sometimes sooner.
– I have several doctors; specialists for this and that.
– Hearing aids.
– Glasses for reading.
– My kids’ childhood friends are getting married now.
– Friends and classmates I went to school with are now grandparents.
– People I have been friends with for over 25 YRS are now either bald or grey.
– Music I listened to as a teen is now called “Classic Rock”.
– The 80’s, my teen YRS, is now considered to be “Retro”.
– My oldest child is now older than I was when he was born.
– Most of my relatives who were a big part of my childhood are all dead now.
– I used to read the birth notices in the newspaper to see if I knew anyone….but now I read the death notices to see if I know anyone.
– Loose skin on my hands.
– Saggy boobs I had surgically reduced.
– Turkey neck; double-chin.
– I look more like my mother now.
– There are cracks in my old hippo hide.