1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Mine never fail as my resolutions are always the same: to start a new year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
– Yes myself; 11 times, in fact! Other than me, my cousins.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
– Yes, both sets of grandparents, most of my aunts and uncles, and my father, but in total; not this year specifically.
5. What countries did you visit?
– USA, England, Ireland, Scotland, Holland, France,Belgium, Norway,Russia, Finland, Vatican, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Greece, Turkey, Croatia,Mexico,Germany.In 2008 specifically I went to Egypt, Israel, Greece, Turkey,and Croatia.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
– Another baby, but I’ll be 42….it’ll be a leap of faith….
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
– Sept. when we went to the Holy Land. My oldest also started university.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
– I got thru the year without committing suicide; it was emotionally a hard year to get thru; I was just “spent”.
9. What was your biggest failure?
– I lost weight but gained it all back…and then some.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
– The usual: pimples, fever blisters, liver flaring up every now and then, Norvo Virus,colds,and my ever-present immobilizing migraines, of course!!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
– Funky giraffe wool hat
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
– Our oldest son: first year in university A+ average so far!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
– The Pope; he’s too into environmentalism which’s the new world false religion and leading to apostacy.
14. Where did most of your money go?
– On my trip! 5000$ plus spending $$$$
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
– My trip
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
– Anything from Lenny Kravitz I guess as I saw him in concert in Oct. 2008
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? sadder
thinner or fatter? fatter
richer or poorer? the same; I spent and then I save up again.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
– being able to feel happy and to get out of my darkness.I feel like I’m stuck in this deep dark hole that I can’t climb out of…
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
– worry.Gained weight.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
– Going to Mass and having a big dinner and spending time with family.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
– no one; I don’t like talking on the phone; I prefer to e-mail.Talking to people makes me nervous and feel uneasy, esp. to people I don’t know.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
– yes ; I developed a special affection and place in my heart for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
– very funny; ha ha
24. What was your favourite TV program?
– Degrassi the next generation
– Little People, Big World
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
– always my mortal enemy that threatened our family but I’ve hated them for the past 6 years and will continue to do so; some things are just unforgivable and you can’t move past…think Witness Protection and Relocation and you get the idea…
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
-Beverly Lewis Amish series
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
– Barenaked Ladies, and The Pogues
28. What did you want and get?
– Another cruise
29. What did you want and not get?
– Another baby
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
– Sweeney Todd
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 41. My husband and I ate at a restaurant and the kids make me home-made cards.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
– Having less anxieties, worries, and depression.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Unique, funky, individual, Bohemian, off-beat
34. What kept you sane?
– Knowing that God still loves me, just as I am.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
– Heidi Klum
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
– Coalition gov’t
– Barack Obama
37. Who did you miss?
– My Aunt Trudy
38. Who was the best new person you met?
– I don’t get out to meet people, but my favourite person on TV is Zach Roloff.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
– Hope for the best, but expect the worst.
– Tomorrow isn’t promised to any of us.
-Let go,and let God.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“Ooohh, Bumbo Klaat!” -Peter Tosh
“Turn off the world if it makes you hurt…..” Max Webster
“She had another way of looking at life”- Sniff ‘N The tears
Thanx to Marc for this meme.