According to the rules of meme, I have to list 6 things that make me happy, and pass it on to 6 others who in turn post what makes them happy….
1. Just sitting there silently watching my kids. Taking in every feature and absorbing every smile and every laugh. Recording every little detail. My heart swelling with awe and love.Imprinting this image on my mind and heart forever, capturing a moment of childhood.
2. Sitting outside in the sun, enjoying God’s Creation. Smelling the fresh, sweet air, feeling the breeze and the warmth of the sun, smelling aromatic flowers and freshly cut grass.Includes extensive travelling around the world.
3. Nurturing my soul and spirituality. Praying the Chaplet to the Divine Mercy, the Rosary, various prayers and Novenas. Mass. Silent prayer and times of refection and stillness of soul. Being silent and still with God.Reading and writing.
4. Fondly reflecting and remembering happy moments of the past; nostalgic memories of happy times, with people I love and places I loved.Recalling and re-living (in my mind) happy childhood memories.
5. Snuggling down in nice warm flannel sheets. Inhaling the sweet smell of freshly washed linen, reminding me of staying over at my Aunt’s house.Down-filed pillows, Velux blankets; the warm, comforting feeling of a nice warm bed.
6.Enjoying a nice, long, hot bath. Filling the tub with oils and bubbles. Hot water, sliding down into the tub, submerging myself and blissfully relaxing, peaceful and content.