The Flag.

NewfieFlag One of the neighbours has this flag flying on their front porch and I’d wondered what it was as I didn’t recognize the country and normally I’m really good with geography and know countries’ flags but this one had me stumped…..until I just happened to see it on the news the other day…..it turned out it’s the provincial flag of Newfoundland(so I guess they must be Newfies!) boy, am I dumb! I have to admit I don’t really know most of the provincial flags that well, other than Ontario, Quebec,and Nova Scotia. My hubby didn’t know what it was either,though(so I’m not the *only* dummy!) and if I was to fly a flag I’d probably fly the Jamaican flag for Bob Marley. (YRS ago I used to have the old Soviet flag in my bedroom back in the 80’s) They’re also considering changing part of the national anthem to accommodate Political Correctness changing “sons” to “us” to incl. women even though it’s understood to mean everyone, like how “mankind” means “humankind”. Political Correctness is just sooooo stupid it’s ridiculous,and,in fact, when I’d first heard about it I actually thought it was a joke!

As well, when my mother went out the front door she found a raccoon rifling thru the recycling box which surprised her as they normally don’t come out until it’s dark at night(maybe it slept in?) and the furnace guy came and took a photo of our A/C to be able to order the new part but my mother said if it’s too old(we had it put in 13 YRS ago when we bought the house) and they can’t FIND the part and we have to get a whole new unit that she won’t as we just don’t have the $$$$$ as it costs at least 5000$ so we’ll just be sweltering to death and die of heatstroke this summer…..and it’s supposed to be a *REALLY* hot one,too, 10 degrees hotter than normal! It figures! Just OUR “luck!”

I was also woken up at 5 am with a splitting headache unlike any I’ve had before; it was hard to define and I wondered if I was going to have an aneurysm or something(and maybe that’s how I’d even die?) and the 13 YR old was cleaning and found 50$, and one of my make up brushes mysteriously showed up back in the bathroom after it had disappeared,too, and one of the 20 YR old’s childhood friends is getting married on the weekend as well and I can still remember when she was just a little kid and now she’s all grown up and getting married so that really makes me feel old! It’s funny too the difference just a YR can make in someone’s life as well as last YR at this time she had her highschool prom and graduated highschool….and this YR at the same time now she’s finished her first YR of university and now she’s getting married! They’ve only been dating since December,too!

Letter From Newfie Mother To Her Son.

Newfies

Dear Son,

 

 

 

I am writing this letter slowly because I know you can’t read very fast. We are all very well here. You won’t recognize the house when you get home because we’ve moved. I got my appendix taken out and a washing machine put in. I put shirts in it last week, pulled the chain, and haven’t seen them since.Your father’s got a really good job now. He’s got 500 men under him. He’s cutting the grass at the cemetery.Your sister Mary has had her baby, but I don’t know if it’s a boy or girl, so I can’t tell you whether you’re an aunt or an uncle. Your cousin Pat died last week at the brewery. He fell into a vat of whiskey. A couple of his mates dived in to save him, but he fought them off bravely. He was cremated on Wednesday, and it took a week to put the fire out. It only rained twice last week; once for a day and once for three days. I’ve sent you a coat, but it was too heavy for the post, so I cut the buttons off and put them in the pockets.Your brother Tom is still in the army. He’s only been there a week and they’ve already made him a court martial.

 

 

 

Your loving mother,

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. I was going to enclose $5 but I’ve already sealed the envelope.

*******************************************************************************

I remember this Newfie joke from when I was a kid. My mother had it originally on a piece of paper typed out from a typewriter. She got it from my aunt who I believe got it from another relative but I am unsure of the original source. I recently remembered it and did a Google search hoping to find it and was able to find it once again.

 

Fear Mongering And Scare Tactics.

FluShot(new) All over the news, on the TV nightly news, radio,and in the newspapers they are pushing getting the flu vaccine saying that there is a big flu outbreak and the example they gave is 7000 cases currently in Toronto, for example, which I think is hardly an epidemic considering the population is about 2.6 million people, so 7000 is hardly that many,it’s not like you’re talking about a population of 10 000, but as always they’re using scare tactics and fear mongering to frighten people into getting the flu shot! None of us in our family have ever got the shot. It’s just not worth the risk of  the side-effects and it’s only like 60% effective against the flu anyway, with only an average 10% chance of getting the flu without even being vaccinated (leaving a 90% chance you WON’T get it)so it’s just not worth it. Everyone I’ve known that’s ever gotten the vaccine has gotten REALLY sick from it and reacted badly to it, sicker than if they had the flu, many of them even had to be admitted in the ICU and one even almost died! We only get the flu generally every 5 YRS or so,and with the gov’t always so aggressively pushing the vaccine it makes me wonder what their agenda really IS; is it really population control, or  a microchip they’re implanting into you, or what? Why are they are always so zealous pushing it all the time? I also heard on the news that they will soon be suspending students from school(starting with highschool) that haven’t been vaccinated with the recommended vaccines of childhood and that can’t show proof of vaccination or legal exemption, but you can only get the exemption on religious grounds, so what about all the others that just don’t do vaccines because they don’t believe in them, because of health concerns, worried about side-effects? It’s not right that they’re forcing kids to be vaccinated in order to be enrolled in school( yet another reason to homeschool!) it’s more Big Brother intrusion again and why are they so worried; if the vaccines work so well then how exactly ARE the unvaccinated kids a “threat” to the vaccinated ones, and the 95% of the student population that ARE vaccinated will offer “herd immunity” to the others anyway, so what’s the problem? It’s nothing more than more gov’t regulation and control once again!!

In other news, the province-wide teachers strike planned for yesterday was cancelled last minute as the Labour Relations Board ruled it illegal so the union finally caved in and changed their minds yet still refuse to do extra curriculars in schools in protest, punishing the kids because they lost and didn’t get what they want, tantruming like whiny little cry babies and will also appeal the ruling and perhaps even take it to court where hopefully they will lose once again and finally shut up and give it up, and the TDSB director who resigned over plagerism is also now being investigated that he plagerized his PhD dissertation as well, so I guess he cheated all along, the whole way thru his education, and Attawapiskat chief Theresa Spence refused to meet with the PM afterall even though the Governor General did agree to meet with her afterall, only a separate meeting, then she changed her mind and said she wanted to meet them both together at once! She’s like a blackmailer that keeps “upping” her demands, but the PM kept the meeting as scheduled and met with several other Native chiefs and representatives instead so at least the issues would still have a chance to be discussed and I think she’s just a “shit disturber” and even among the “Idle No More” and other Native groups there is division even among themselves, various groups with different ideas and ways of doing things, but I guess the main thing is that their concerns are heard and the PM was willing to listen, it doesn’t matter whether it’s with her personally or not; the cause is what really matters.

As well, it was a balmy 10 C yesterday (normally it’s way below 0 C) and today forecasted to get to 13 C and yesterday in Windsor it was even 15 C yet in Newfoundland they got 125 KM/HR winds and 70 cm snow, our 18 YR old passed his call centre assessment testing and goes to start his training session Monday(lasts 3 weeks) and then starts the new job and plans to work there for a YR and save up $$$$ for school while he decides what to do with the rest of his life, and he and the 14 YR old also charged over 100$ on my hubby’s credit card online and “forgot” to tell him and his credit card statement came and he saw the charges and so now they’ll be his personal slaves for the next month or so, working to pay it off!