1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper,esp. the foil ones!
2. Real or fake tree? Real! You can’t imitate that real-tree aroma!I always had fake ones as a kid so now our family always gets real ones! I prefer the Scotch Pine smell but they lose a lot of needles so we get Fraser Fir; they’re the least likely to “shed” much!
3. When do you put up a tree? Early December.
4. When do you take it down? A day or two before New Year’s; we’re busy New Year with Mass and baking and having a big dinner!
5. Do you like eggnog? I like the taste but since it has milk and eggs in it I am allergic and if I drink more than a small amount(like 1/4 of a glass) I get cramps and nauseated.Ugh.All I can allow myself is a taste.
6a) Favorite gift received as a child? I always had many baby dolls.One that stands out is “Baby that-a-way” it was a crawling doll.
b) Favorite gift received as an adult? A taxidermied armadillo!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother; she doesn’t wear jewellery, has no hobbies,collections, or interests except watching TV and the colour brown!
8. Easiest person to buy for? myself!(I know what I like!)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. We have several; we even have one set up all year long, not just for Christmas as Jesus is all year long!!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My husband bought me a spice rack for our first Christmas! (I think EVERY man makes that mistake his first year of marriage!! I think it must be ingrained into their DNA to be stupid!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Alasdair Sim version of “A Christmas Carol” the old black and white one from the 1950’s.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All thru the year as I see what I think people like.Less stress and rush that way,too.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have re-gifted; what’s the harm in giving away an unwanted gift, esp. if you know of someone who will like it? I did that with a 75$ perfume once.It was the wrong one and not what I wanted and I didn’t like the scent but my friend loved it!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? various chocolates.Stollen, Pffernusse cookies!
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, but they never seem to blink the way they’re supposed to and some always go dead!We use multi-coloured ones.
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Celine Dion version of “O, Holy Night” brings tears to my eyes. I also like “O, Come all ye Faithful”.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I never fly during the winter as the flights are almost always cancelled due to the snow.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Let’s see; Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner,and Blitzen,and Rudolph, of course…
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, as it reminds us of the star above where Christ was born.The kids also like to torment me and remove the star and put an Arby’s mitt on the top.They also take the “tacky” ornaments off the back of the tree(where I hid them!) and move them to the front!(so then I put them to the back again!)
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? We open one each after Christmas Eve Mass and leave the rest for Christmas morning with the stockings.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How secular society has taken the “Christ” out of Christmas,and how political-correctness has replaced “Christmas” with “holiday” or “season”.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? I like the traditional European blown-glass ornaments.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Pumpkin pie,and a dessert called Ambrosia; whipped cream with marshmallows and diced fruit stirred in.My aunt first made it.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Same as every year: SNOW!